Jamsocket is a platform for deploying WebSocket applications at scale. Think of it as AWS Lambda, but for WebSockets. We start ephemeral processes on demand, and keep them alive for as long as there is a connection to them.
This type of architecture was pioneered by Figma. We want to make accessible to every product dev team.
Our customers use us to:
- Deploy real-time multiplayer data backends
- Run ephemeral code execution sandboxes for user- or LLM-provided code
- Dynamically load data from S3 to power data-intensive browser apps
We’re an open-source company. The core of Jamsocket is Plane, our MIT-licensed session backend infrastructure.
We’re hiring a senior systems engineer. Responsibilities will include contributing to Plane, helping to build out our ambitious managed platform roadmap, and participating in on-call rotation.
We are a seed-stage startup backed by Y Combinator and other investors.
- 4+ years of systems development experience
- Experience in Rust, or an interest in Rust plus experience in C++ or Go
- Based in NYC and able to work regularly from our Union Square office
- An appreciation for methodical software development practices, like design docs and tests
- Ability to take ownership of a project/initiative and drive it forward
- A passion for building secure, reliable, and performant systems
- Experience in technical writing, building in the open and communicating with customers
- Experience with cloud provider offerings and APIs (particularly AWS and GCP)
- An interest in CRDTs/collaborative data structures
- Familiarity with containerization/orchestration tools like Docker, Podman, Kubernetes
- An interest in browser technologies like WebAssembly, WebGPU, WebRTC, QUIC
- Experience with technologies like Linux namespaces, cgroups, FUSE, kvm
- An interest in working at an early-stage startup
Salary range: $130-170k plus equity
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jamsocket is the operating name of Drifting in Space, Corp.